Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two person assembly required---a challenge for the single girl

In my continued pursuit of good health and the ultimate goal walking/running a 5k this year, I just bought a treadmill.  I had a friend and her truck help me pick it up from the store.  After she left, I opened the box and faced the phrase: "two person assembly required."  Can I just say as a single girl that is perhaps the most annoying phrase. 

Someone once asked me why I didn't have a real Christmas tree.  There are a few reasons--cost, ease, convenience, allergies, and being single.  It takes two people to set up a Christmas tree.  You can't put a Christmas tree in a stand with one person.  It's a two person job.  I have moved, put Christmas lights up, hung pictures, and changed a tire by myself.  However, I have no idea how one person can put up a Christmas tree.  All my friends have their own families, so I'm the odd girl out.  Whatever, I like my fake, single person assembly required tree.

So I open this treadmill with all these good intentions and see two person assembly required.  This time, I said f*** it.  It took me an hour, a few bruises, and some ingenuity, but this single girl assembled that damn treadmill all by herself!!!

Now I just have to use the thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment